Pages

Sunday, January 29, 2023

Founding Era Blog

    I know the supreme court has a lot of power. they can say whether something was wrong or against the law or not, and what they say essentially goes. But something I didn't know about them is that they have a lot more on their plate than I had once thought before. They go through so many questions and hearings of people, but I only really thought they dealt with the most serious of cases. instead, they actually hear out everyone that brings up their case to that level of court. The videos sad they had an average of 16 years, with some of them serving almost twice as long, outlasting the presidents that appointed them as a justice by decades, which is pretty crazy to me.

    I think the most important takeaway is that the supreme court, at the end of the day, are just people doing their job to maintain order and law in our country. Sure, there may be some cases that we may think unfair or that we don't agree with, but if it is against the law or constitution, then so be it.

Something I found most surprising about the supreme court is that they are able to just stay in office for decades. I get it if they are good at their job and fair with it, but 32 years? I feel like that is a bit too long of a time for someone to sit in the supreme court.

I don't know if the videos changed my way of viewing them, but it definitely showed me some things that I didn't know about before. I typically see them as the justice of America, and I'm not sure if that will change unless something would point out otherwise.





No comments:

Post a Comment